Friday 17 May 2013

Hi, I'm Jamie. I'm new around here.

Today i felt brave. Like i wanted to achieve something whilst the baby napped. The question was what? something not too strenuous (I'm not mad you know!) and something i could do in the house that didn't involve cleaning. blogging it is.
I've toyed with the idea of blogging for a while, but have never had the courage to do so in case my writing wasn't.. you know.. good. Alas, today is the day.
 I thought 'ill just write down some stuff, add some pictures and voila!'
How very wrong of me. If you've never blogged before, and you're computer skills stop at facebook log in, this stuff can be confusing!

 It all starts with the name. 'pick a name' the box says. Pick one that's not too common, but not so uncommon people wont remember. Make is simple, but not boring. Make it relatable, but not too personal. Rhyming is good, numbers are bad.
 Finally, you've found one! It's perfect! i'll have it! wait... what?
 "this name is already taken"
crap.

 I wrote a list of things that relate to me and added them together using a web domain name finder. It suggests names using your words. Great right?
"armywifemum, mumbakingwife, kidswifefun", err... no thanks.
In the end i thought of just 5 minutes of peace because that seems to be the goal in my house. I clean and I enjoy a cup of tea for 5 minutes in a clean and tidy house, then the kids come back from school.
I walk the dogs and as a reward get 5 minutes without being slobbered on, or having to throw a ball. I rock back and forth in the wardrobe in my room for 5 blissful minutes before someone starts banging on the door.. i kid. sort of. :)




My life passes in 5 minute increments, and though 5 minutes may not seem long they can contain the most amazing things. a cuddle from the baby, a chat with the kids about their day, a phone call from the grandparents, and the most amazing homecoming after 6 months apart.
5 minutes can be awesome, and i'd like to share some of my 5 minutes with you.




How do you like to spend your 5 minutes of peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment